Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Frazier Campground

 
 This campground was empty when we pulled in on a weekday afternoon. We chose a shady, level site that was really roomy. I didn't realize until I was writing this post that we were in a group site. Google satellite view shows four long trailers in the site! It didn't matter though because only one more camper came and he had his choice of empty sites. 

The campground is promoted as a  gateway to the Winom-Frazier Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) trail system but apparently it's only busy during holiday weekends and hunting season. It has picnic tables, vault toilets, and a large picnic shelter. 

According to the forest website four of the 20 sites are accessible. I think they have tables with extended tops and are close to the toilets. The rocky ground makes rolling a bit difficult.  Campground  45.16107, -118.63916


 

5 comments:

  1. I am assuming you already saw your daughter and family there in Seattle area...hope all is well on the "Western Front".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were in the area for about a month. With the tight parking near their house, we had to come up with places to meet but we manage to get in a bunch of nice visits. :)

      Delete
    2. Don't know why that posted as Anonymous, but now you know it was me. --Dave

      Delete
    3. Yes, I figured that out. :) I've had the same problem when making comments, including on your blog page. Google must have changed something again.

      Delete
  2. Seemed like a nice quiet place to stop overnight. I wonder how many of these c/g's close for the winter season? I know I can look it up ... I was just wondering out loud.

    ReplyDelete