Monday, August 28, 2023

Clearwater Campground

There are eight national forest campgrounds along US 14/16/20 between Yellowstone National Park's east entrance and the city of Cody. The route travels through a scenic river valley with craggy cliffs and mountains on both sides. About half of the campgrounds have first come/first serve sites plus some that can be reserved. 

I chose Clearwater because it's fairly far away from the park entrance and most of the sites are first come/first serve. It's also very scenic with towering cliffs and campsites on the river bank. I didn't notice that the sites are all tent only until today. There aren't any signs at the campground and the host didn't say anything. 

None of the sites are designated as accessible but most are usable with hard packed ground and tables with long extended tops. 

All the parking pads are along the edge of the road and are not long enough for large RVs. Campground  44.46008, -109.66872  



2 comments:

  1. Really pretty. I see two RV's in the top photo, so I guess the tent-only doesn't apply. Your site looks large enough to fit our RV. I haven't checked, but I wonder if they close down around the first of October. Lots of Nat'l Forest c/g's do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked - they close Sept 5th! The other RV belonged to the host and it looked like he was taking up two spaces. We never saw him so I guess he's a introverted host :D Our parking space was a shared space. There was a hand written sign requesting that vehicles be under a certain length - I think 26'.

      Delete