Friday, June 3, 2022

John A. Finch Arboretum

The arboretum is beautiful in the spring but our visit was short and frustrating. We parked in the main lot and searched for an entrance trail. When we couldn't find one we hopped the curb and pushed through the grass to make a short loop through the park. We came to the dirt nature trail which isn't accessible due to rocks and roots. I think we should have driven past the main lot and along the road that parallels I-90. The parking lots on the road appear to have access to a dirt road that travels through the arboretum. The close proximity to I-90 destroys what could be a tranquil setting.
The main parking lot is small and suitable for short RVs only. Larger RVs can be parked on the street. Arboretum  47.64305, -117.46257
 


1 comment:

  1. I was going to say, nice place to visit when in Spokane, but not if I'm listening to loud freeway traffic! Oh well, can't have it all, right?

    ReplyDelete