Sunday, June 16, 2013

Saguache County Museum

037
  The women who volunteer at the museum are wonderful tour guides, taking visitors through each room of the museum and pointing out all of the interesting bits of local trivia. A small jail that could house four prisoners is located on the grounds along with old machinery and farm equipment.

  The museum is accessible but some of the thresholds are high. The path to the entrance is gravel. The grounds are grassy and uneven – hard to push through.

  Parking is along the street. Museum
38.08635, -106.14226
colorado1

3 comments:

  1. Hi there –
    I hope you were enjoying Colorado. My husband and I just returned from our vacation in Colorado Springs & Fort Collins. We had a blast!! If I could, I would call Fort Collins my home.

    I can't thank you enough for this blog. It has been a wealth of priceless information. I am also a wheelchair user. I'd love to create a similar site. Please… Don't see mine as anything other than flattery or compliment to yours.


    Have safe travels,
    Laura
    WheelGirl RV Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    I love the idea of another RV wheelchair blog! What kind of RV did you buy? Did you use it on your last vacation?

    I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures! Your blog will be joining the others on the more travelers link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ended up with a Fleetwood discovery. My blog entry today will explain how we ended up making our choice. We did use it on our trip to Colorado.

    In Colorado Springs we stayed at Garden of the gods campground. Went to both… Garden of the gods and the Olympic training center. Baltzell are accessible and free

    In Fort Collins we stayed at the Lakeside… They still have a drive-in movie theater. It was all too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete