Tuesday, September 24, 2019

World's Largest Roadside Attractions

Giant Stuff
  The Midwest has a high concentration of larger than life creations. If they’re near our route we stop to see them and I write a blog post which promoted this funny comment by Lee-

  “Just a thought here---a horror movie in which giant prairie chickens, concrete buffalo, and huge Scandinavian statues come to life in a battle for the upper Midwest. Should be able to work a giant slice of cheese into it, too.....
I'm calling an agent.”

   I searched for a giant slice of cheese because I thought there would surely be one in Wisconsin. Nope, but I did find a cool map. I also discovered that there are cheese carving contests! Anyone know the location of a giant piece of cheese?

3 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed looking at the giant Pismo clam they have as you come into Pismo Beach, Calif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't seen that one. Just looked it up - there are three! http://www.weirdca.com/location.php?location=42
      And California also has a giant box of raisins, lots of giant chickens, and all kinds of other giant stuff! We have to do a little better on our giant spotting. Missed a lot of these. :-D

      Delete
  2. Maybe because winters in the northern Midwest are so long and brutal, weatherwise, the folks sit inside and dream up these wacky creations!

    ReplyDelete