Friday, November 13, 2020

Across Utah on Interstate 70

  I avoid interstate highways as much as possible but sometimes I wonder how much beautiful scenery we’re missing by doing that. We’ve driven west from Denver on I-70 and that drive is spectacular but I don’t remember ever going through Utah on I-70. There are no towns or services for over 100 miles between Green River, Utah and Salina, Utah making this stretch of interstate one of the least populated in the country. Check your gas tank before starting. We filled up in Green River which is famous for it’s melons – something about the hot days, cool nights, and sandy soil. The watermelon that we bought was just the right combination of sweetness and juiciness.
  There are a number of exits to view points with small parking lots. The land along the interstate is almost all BLM land so if you can find a good dirt road dispersed camping should be easy. We saw campers in the distance all along the route. This is a place that merits more exploring on another trip. I-70  38.94194, -109.82163

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if we've traveled I-70 through Utah, either, tho I know we've done Hwy 50. Many roads in Utah offer wonderful scenery, but I prefer the slower roads, too.

    ReplyDelete