Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sacramento Zoo

021
  Because of it’s small size, in both the amount of acreage and the number of animals, this entire zoo can be seen in a little more than an hour. The animals seem to be well cared for but some of the enclosures should be larger. The landscaping provides plenty of shade along the paths.

  The paths are paved, in good condition, and flat except for one short hill where visitors in wheelchairs may need to have help. The design of the enclosures allows all visitors a good view of the animals.

  The zoo does not have a parking lot but it’s part of Land Park which has plenty of free on-street parking. We parked just off of Land Park Drive, near the ball fields, and walked/rolled to the zoo entrance along a paved path.  Zoo
38.53772, -121.50366
        013
       california1

4 comments:

  1. Now you are getting closer to my old neighborhood that I grew up in. Been to that zoo more than I want to admit too...took my two older brother's kids there, two girls and a boy, back in late 1970's with a friend who had lost her fiance to cancer....oldest girl pushed her brother into the big pond across the street from the zoo entrance, I jumped in to get him and look back to see the other girl peeing her pants. Looked over at my friend and she was laughing and laughing...first laugh she had since he died. Now a family memory to all of us. And yes, it was last time I took them anywhere together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how little incidents can become such fond family memories. :-D Did you ever make it to the zoo that day?

      Delete
    2. We did the zoo first, went to the pond area on the way back to my car and decided to sit on a bench and let the kids feed the ducks...bad decision as it pertained to me keeping dry, good decision in that it unlocked a lot of tension in my friend who was still suffering so much.

      Delete
    3. I agree with you - getting wet was a small sacrifice since it made your friend laugh.

      Delete