Monday, April 1, 2013

Another Great Resource

byways

   We’re back road travelers and very lax planners. Many times when we start out for the day the only plan we have is getting to certain destination. Sometimes even that doesn’t happen! With a general direction and the ultimate goal in mind, I open up the big Rand McNally map and look for the smallest paved roads and we’re on our way. Often I find that we’re driving along one of these byways and because I’m unaware that it even existed ( no markings on the map) we miss a lot. I think that I’m going to be visiting the American's Byway site a lot in the future. It’s extremely well organized and stuffed with all sorts of information including maps, attractions, activities, itineraries  and comments from fellow travelers. And it has my favorite planning tool– a clickable map! I’m adding a link to the More Maps section under my blog heading.

4 comments:

  1. Super nice resource...thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Cozygirl! I see that you're moving right along with your travel preparations. :-) Do you have a firm departure date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, will use this resource a lot.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Tinabeane! Good luck with your travel plans!

    ReplyDelete