Friday, April 1, 2011

San Antonio Botanical Garden

040
   Most wheelchair users will need to have some help to cover all of the different areas in this garden mostly because of the hilly terrain. Sections of some of the garden areas are not accessible or difficult for various reasons. The Sensory Garden has a steep downhill ramp leading into it. The Japanese Garden and a couple of the greenhouses have steps or uneven, narrow paving. The Cactus Garden has loose gravel.The East Texas Pineywoods isn’t paved but the ground is hard packed.

  The far parking lot is large enough for RVs parked sideways across the spaces but it’s an uphill push to the garden entrance. Botanical Garden
29.45975, -98.45745
texas1

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of work.. but beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an advantage having a personal pusher available ;) Yes,the views are beautiful especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to San Antonio. We live in Universal City and happened to drive by your MH yesterday. I am impressed. I tried to find a MH mfg by the name of Zingara and couldn't! It took me a couple of minutes to find your blog and immediately saw why I couldn't find a mfg.

    Great info in your construction blog. It is giving me lots of good ideas and things to think about.

    We fulltimed for 4 1/2 years until Dec 2010 when we moved back into sticks & bricks. We are selling our 40' MH and will downsize later this year. I have my heart set on 4x4 for probably many of the main reasons you did. Love of outdoors & boondocking.

    Thanks for the good info. Keep up the good blog and enjoy your travels.

    Al & Sharon Florida
    al2florida at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,I'm impressed with your googling skills! We notice people looking at the Zingara name with puzzled expressions but you're the first one who has found our blog with just the name.

    My mom lives in Universal City too so we come through fairly often. We just left yesterday and are on our way to Santa Fe along the slow roads. We were too busy visiting and didn't have time to see much of the city. I especially wanted to go to the new section of the riverwalk. Oh well -next time!

    I'll be checking your blog for your future travels. Good luck on your motorhmome search and thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete