The first group of campsites are located on the edges of a large dusty clearing. They're small and close together. Pass by these and head deeper into the forest where the campsites are more secluded. We camped in site 21 which is large and surrounded by trees. The sites closest to it look like they get little use. Amenities include tables, fire rings, bear boxes, and vault toilets.
None of the sites are designated as accessible but most are usable with high fire rings and tables with extended tops.
The campground road has several small loops and dead ends in a turn around. Most RVs will fit in the larger sites. Campground 37.928210, -119.152990

hi Tony and karen !
ReplyDeleteHi anonymous!
DeleteWas it hot there?
ReplyDeleteIn the 70s. The sun feels hotter in higher elevations though. I guess you are familiar with that phenomenon. :)
DeleteThanks, I now have to backtrack to see what I missed in my areas.
ReplyDeleteI've been rocking these areas since I got out of the army in 1971..Camping was sooo much easier back then,
Hey! Want to go camping this weekend? No problem!
Now a person has to decide in January where the Quack they want to camp 5-6-8 months later. No one has promised me tomorrow, I guess others must have better fortune tellers.
Camping was so much easier before the internet and before all those other people discovered it :D
DeleteP.S. Back in the 70's I could get in my '69 Dodge Van or my '66 450 hp Corvette and head towards Lake Tahoe or Reno without reservations and just have a great time.
ReplyDeleteI must sound as some old-er dude...Ha-ha, that's me!
From Seattle, back highway towards Susanville etc.
I remember that well. We once went to the Virginia shore on the weekend before the Fourth of July and just had to stand in line for about a half an hour to get a site. Climb over the dune and the beach was ours. Florida national forest campground in the winter and nobody else in the entire campground.
Delete