Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Free eBooks

WR405059
    There are so many free eBooks! Many are public domain classics and first person narratives. It’s fun to read personal accounts from the correct time period when you’re visiting a historic site so I’m adding links on the blog posts when I find an appropriate book. I haven’t read most of them yet so they might be really awful! ; D

   The links all go to Amazon just because it’s so easy to load books onto a Kindle from Amazon but you can find the same books on Many Books or Project Gutenberg.

 Update - Many of the free Amazon books had broken links because the books were no longer free so I've switched a bunch over to Gutenberg. I'll probably just use Gutenberg in the future to solve this problem even though it makes loading the books onto a Kindle more cumbersome.

2 comments:

  1. I read a lot and my Kindle has saved me so much money! I think I've paid for three books in the past year.
    The Tuckerbag

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had ours for about 6 months. It's great especially when you're looking for out of print historical accounts.

    Good luck with your New Orleans adventure. I glad that you decided to keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete