Wednesday, January 18, 2012

St. Petersburg Museum of History

006
     St. Petersburg is a relatively new city,experiencing it’s first big growth spurt during the Florida real estate boom of the 1920s. Included in the displays are artifacts used by the early Native American inhabitants, tourist trinkets, and turn of the century swim wear.

   Everything is accessible.

   A  parking area, large enough for cars or vans only, is located behind the museum. RVs can be parked at metered spaces along the street but the street is a little narrow. A self pay parking lot, located on the pier, is the best choice. Follow the signs for bus parking if your RV is large. Smaller RVs can fit in one space, backed in to overhang onto the grass – $3.00 all day.  The museum has a  driveway to drop off passengers at the door.  Museum
27.77391, -82.63042
  florida1

2 comments:

  1. Is the weather pretty good there right now? I've been blown away by how windy it is here in Texas.

    I appreciate your commenting on my "changes" question. I've been thinking about your response, and I wanted to know more about what happened and how you managed your plans after the accident. It would have been easy to go back to the stationary life, and I'm so impressed that you did not.

    I did read your explanation, and thank you for that, too. In reality, it's no one's business, so you are generous to share the story.

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roxanne - I really love your blog!I think that you're responsible for a lot of laughing out in blogger land!

    I figured that an explanation of my accident should be included somewhere on the blog. I'm always curious about other people's situations so I decided to make it easy to find. Maybe I'm just too nosy! :D

    The weather in Florida has been wonderful. We've been spending our winters everywhere else but Florida and now I'm wondering why. The southwest is windy in the winter and the southern states north of Florida where we usually go , are just a little too cold. So it'll probably be Florida in the winter for us until we get tired of it. Then maybe southern California?

    Where are you guys headed now?

    ReplyDelete