Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Eclipse–Wow!

IMG_6439

  Watching the sun – Donald, (a brand new van dweller!), me and Suanne

   Our eclipse plans were made just about month ago because we weren’t sure where we would be. We’re so glad we decided to camp in the zone of totality. What a cool experience!

   Our private little camping spot started filling with cars early this morning. I don’t know how they found this road but by the time the eclipse started there were 50 cars parked along the sides of the road and it’s only 1000’ long.

IMG_6419

IMG_6431

   Leave the eclipse photos to professionals with the correct equipment  because this is what you get:  :-D

                         IMG_6435

IMG_6436

    A 360 degrees sunrise when the sun peeked out from behind the moon.

        IMG_6437

  Less than seven years until the next one! April 8, 2024

44.17487, -112.30955

idaho1

13 comments:

  1. We missed being in OR by a couple of weeks, but it's very cool that you guys got to be there! (In Nevada City, we had 82% of totality, so the morning started looking like late afternoon during the eclipse. No big deal here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 95% coverage was not nearly as nice as those, like you two, who were in the 100% region. Of course, being chased out by the fire did not help either...haven't even looked at the pictures I took yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 95% is pretty good! I'm glad that you got to see it.

      Delete
  3. Tracy and I watched from eastern Oregon. Totality was brief and amazing. I'm glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering where you ended up. Did Nishan come to Oregon too? It was too amazing to miss!

      Delete
  4. It will be in our backyard in 2024

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we'll be camping in your yard in 2004! :-D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ha,ha! I need 5 proof readers for all of the mistakes that I make!

      Delete
  6. Ended my big summer trip with two of the grandkids by watching the total eclipse n the Woodburn OR parking lot. Traffic wasn't nearly as bad as everyone said it would be, so I'm glad we just went for it on the trip to return them to their home in Eugene. I'm off to the coast tomorrow to escape the coming heat wave, then I will head south for two weeks off the grid at a warm spring in Nevada Aaaahhhh grandma deserves a break after almost 7 weeks of entertaining 10 & 12 year old kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people were scared off by the crowd predictions. (although it would have been worth it even with crowds) It's something your grandkids will remember forever!

      Have a good time on the coast and at the warm springs!

      Delete