Tuesday, May 2, 2017

El Chorro Regional Park

IMG_3428
   Our visit to this park was to see the San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden. Plans are in the works to expand the garden but at present it is very small and not really accessible due to steep terrain and eroded paths.
IMG_3444
 IMG_3431 IMG_3446IMG_3434
  Since the garden was so small we decided to check out the rest of the park and discovered a closed off, abandoned road that makes a excellent wheelchair accessible trail. The gate is wide enough for wheelchair access but the ground is a bit uneven which may make it difficult to hold the gate opened while maneuvering through the opening. Round trip distance is about 1 1/2 miles with a slight uphill rise so the return trip is downhill.
IMG_3450
          IMG_3453
  The parking lot for the garden is large enough for any RV. Walk/roll along the park road to get to the abandoned road or park in the dog park lot which is close to the gate and large enough for any RV.  Park   35.33051, -120.72909
california1

5 comments:

  1. My dad was born in San Louis Obispo, small world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This part of the country is really beautiful. I think I could live here - if we could ever settle down anywhere,ha,ha Too bad it's so expensive.

      Delete
    2. Isn't that the truth?

      Delete
  2. Yup, for sure, it's expensive. I always thought this would be an excellent place to settle, but unless I won a lottery (which I don't play), I couldn't afford a home here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can understand the desire to live here but I sure don't know how everyone affords it!

      Delete