Monday, November 26, 2012

Gold Country Museum

039  This small but well done museum has displays about different gold mining methods, a theater, a glimpse into the lives of early settlers and, for a few dollars, a chance to try your hand at gold panning.

The road from the parking lot to the museum is very long and steep, almost impossible for a wheelchair user to manage on their own. The museum itself is completely accessible.

The parking lot is large enough for any RV.  The museum has moved so the information above is no longer accurate.
 Museum
38.90279, -121.06601

california1

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about informative posts but at times I can't find the locations you mention. Example, looking for gold country museum here is what I found:http://carevealed.com/museums_gc.php

    You mention Oroville, I was there recently to visit a high school friend, northern Maine school, I wasn't aware of the Chinese place you mention but will be going back next month and try to see that. I can't walk and can't use a wheel chair but have a electric scooter that I can uses it will be interesting.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mickey!

    The Chinese temple complex is very interesting. I hope that you get to see it on your next visit.

    There are several ways to get to the webpage of each attraction that I post on the blog. At the end of each post is a link to click on. You can also click on the little map at the end of the post which should take you to a Google map with the location marked and the link in a popup box.

    Hope this helps some in finding the information that you want.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete