Monday, January 2, 2012

Making California Maps


View California(Southern) attractions in a larger map

We're at our favorite Florida campground, Moss Park ,working on some yearly maintenance chores( thorough cleaning, waxing, caulking and general sprucing up) plus some additional small repairs. Since I can only reach a limited area Tony gets the larger share of chores and I have time to work on maps.

With some states I have to search for interesting things to see but that's not a problem with California!I had to split it into two sections because there are so many attractions and each map page will accept just 200 placemarks. I know that I skipped a lot of things but I tried to get the most popular ones.If you have any favorites that I missed let me know.

I found some surprising attractions - a fabulous collection of cars and antiques that is completely free , a museum in a cemetery , and a Japanese garden at a sewer treatment plant!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, yer not kidding about things to see in Cali! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for a road trip Matt! You're almost there already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. that is a lot of things.. I have only been through California once.. and I can't wait to go back :) So many things to see and now you are adding to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've driven through California several times and spent quite a bit of time around LA and San Diego but we haven't seen many of the things on the map! Maybe this summer - our plans are made of jello for now.:)

    ReplyDelete