Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Museum of Flight

015
   This is an excellent museum with huge displays of aircraft, a two story WWI and WWII gallery, the original Boeing manufacturing building with the story of the birth of aviation, an outdoor display area, and numerous short videos and small galleries. Plan on spending a whole day if you want to see everything.

  Most of the museum is accessible with pushbutton entrance doors, low admissions desk, several elevators, and easy to see displays. An enclosed bridge leads to the outdoor display of five aircraft including Air Force One and a Concorde. Both are open to visitors but not handicapped accessible. It’s a pretty long way across the bridge, then along a packed down grassy path - a detoured route to avoid construction of a new building. It may not be worth the effort to see these five planes, at least until the construction is finished, which should be later in 2011.

  There’s plenty of parking. RVs can be parked across the spaces. Museum
47.51889, -122.29746
         022
               washington1

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys :)

    I know about your blog from RV.net (and I forget your username on there so eh, I have some questions about your blog but when I find a way to contact you via email or something I'll ask there).

    I've always wanted to see this, very cool :) I also noticed you are in Washington, I'll be in Washington in August any chance you'll be going central/east?

    I'll be making my way back home when I enter Washington from Montana/Idaho as I am in Idaho now but my route takes me through a small part of Montana via I-90 (I think?)

    I am sure you do not want to put your email on your site, but I am sure you could put a contact form that does not use your email? But then again, I am sure you get enough emails as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That WWII display must be new, that fighter wasn't there the last time I visited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matt-I'm going to moderate the comments for awhile. (a little trouble with Ken and a concern that he might find our blogs and post garbage.) Hopefully I'll be able to go back to unmoderated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a problem, if he does, I think their's an IP and user ban option buried somewhere in the blogger options for dealing with bothersome turds.

    ReplyDelete