Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve-Acadian Cultural Center

006
  Free ebook from Gutenberg - The Acadian Exiles

 The center has  a very good movie about the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia and a small museum about how they adapted to their new life in Louisiana, borrowing from other cultures to create the Cajun community of today.  Everything is handicapped accessible. The parking lot is large enough for RVs parked across the spaces plus there are a few long bus/RV spaces.  Cultural Center
30.21341, -91.99423
 louisiana1

2 comments:

  1. Just found your site. How unique and interesting!

    As I cannot walk more than 50 feet without intense leg pain, I use a power scooter, and access to a particular site is always a question.

    As full time RV travelers, we visit a lot of museums, natural attractions, etc. and find your input fantastic!

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe!
    I'm so happy that you'll be able to use the information. I should have started doing this a long time ago.

    If you have any input about places that you've visited,I'd be glad to post it on the blog with credit to you as a guest blogger. Or if you have any questions about any particular place that I haven't posted about feel free to ask. We been to so many places over our years of fulltiming but I've only been posting current visits so that I have the information as accurate as possible.

    ReplyDelete